A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. To find out more about cookies, visit this site.
- Recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time)
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our website
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Most browsers allow you to block cookies within their settings and we have provided links to the most commonly used browsers.